About Me

My photo
Aspiring writer is the commonly used title for someone like me but I'd prefer story teller. Presently I'm working on my first manuscript. Glad you stopped in, follow my writing journey I'm sure it will have a little bit of everything.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Why is Catalina Gypsy?

http://gigitaletobetold.tumblr.com/
When I had my dream I didn't see her as gypsy, she was a regular girl but her features were different. I remember she felt nervous, uneasy and couldn't shake the feeling that she was being stared at.  With that feeling still stirring in my head when I started writing I knew there had to be something different about her. I just didn't know what? I remember driving one day, doing my usual daily routines, & it came to me, Cat's uneasy emotions were because she has a Gift she can't control.  I researched a lot of stuff & came up w/ one (a Gift) that I felt comfortable with.  Then I had to give Cat a background. I was born in Chile & came to the US when I was like 8 or 9. In Chile there's a Gypsy population which I often saw & still have seen till this day when I've visited, that somehow has stayed with me (I'm not sure why).  So after thinking about it I decided to make Cat a Gitana Chilena (Spanish for Chilean Gypsy) called Jorajane.  I was siked once that was settled because I could get on with the story. From that point on I embraced my Gitanita (Little Gypsy) & my story flowed.  As I mentioned she's modern which is why in my Tumblr blog I post pictures about Gypsies, Flamenco dancers/fashion, boho/bohemian fashion, hippie fashion, tarot cards, belly dancers, crystal balls, jewelry, etc.  I find a little bit of Catalina in everything because she might either wear something boho/gypsy, have a picture frame in her home of a flamenco dancer or one of the images reminds her of a story she heard from her Gypsy clan.

Anyway that's a little bit about this Gypsy Girl named Catalina.  Thanks for reading & come again.


Gigi ∞

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know me personally please do not use my last name or personal information. Thank you.